Monday, October 13, 2008

Sick Mommy & Daddy





So Amelia was a champ this weekend considering both mommy & daddy were sick and not just because Auburn lost (miserably) this weekend. I started getting a cold last week and now Tai seems to have caught it. Luckily, Amelia doesn't seem to be affected so keep your fingers crossed that she stays happy and well. She is now officially 12 weeks old. It is so crazy to think that 12 weeks ago all three of us were in the hospital...Tai and I in amazement at the fact that we had actually become parents and Amelia probably wondering what had just happened...what a difference a couple of months make.


Anyways...I think a lot of people checked out the blog last week and it really has gotten me excited about it so I'm going to keep working on it. I'm not sure how many of you will be keeping up with the Cripps, but I think one day Amelia can look back at this and either think mommy has way too much time on her hands or she'll appreciate how much I love her and want to share all the neat things she continues to do.
Since Amelia is only 3 months old and I'm just now starting this blog, I'm warning everyone that there will be many flashbacks as so many things have already happened since she was born. As many of you know, I failed to mention the 4th member of our family in my first blog, our beloved Max. Anyone who has visited us since we've been in New Jersey know that we have an adorable, loving and ridiculously energetic black Labrador. He's a little (ok, a lot) over-weight which makes it hard for us to have people over considering his favorite thing to do is jump up on people and since he weighs about 85 lbs, most people don't appreciate his introduction. The reason I mention Max is because a couple of weeks ago, Tai's mom (Robin), sister (Iris) and nephew (Jackson) came to visit. It was a wonderful visit and their first time to meet Amelia. Iris sent some pictures to me on Friday and they were so good that I had to share them with everyone. The one of Max and Jackson is my favorite because Max looks so well behaved. I mean he actually sat there and let Jackson pet him without trying to lick him to death. He's such a sweet, gentle soul and we love him like crazy. In honor of his upcoming 2nd birthday on October 22, I'm also posting a picture from his first birthday party. He's really excited about getting to wear the hat again.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend and all I can say is thank goodness Auburn has an off weekend. I don't think I could take another loss.

1 comment:

CC said...

Sorry Mommy & Daddy are sick. Feel better soon. I love seeing and reading about my sweet Amelia Belle. Can't wait to get my hands on her next week. Love you all!!!!

CC (mean old)